Why does my screen go black when I put my ear to it when on a call?

Mukul Anand

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
Having a slight issue here. Actually, I own a L520(Denim). From 3-4 days, whats happening is that everytime I make a call the scrren is all right. Then,i put it on my ear. It goes black due to the sensor. But when I put it back away from my ear, the screen does not lits up. I know, how it works. Its supposed to be get on again. But, its not. I have tried everything. restarting it for almost 10 times. Still, its useless. I have to double click the lockscreen button to lit it up again.. Please help me. Its really troublesome. I haven't put up a new screen guard or anything. It's all the same.

Last edited:

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Screen going blank.

Having a slight issue here. Actually, I own a L520(Denim). From 3-4 days, whats happening is that everytime I make a call the scrren is all right. Then,i put it on my ear. It goes black due to the sensor. But when I put it back away from my ear, the screen does not lits up. I know, how it works. Its supposed to be get on again. But, its not. I have tried everything. restarting it for almost 10 times. Still, its useless. I have to double click the lockscreen button to lit it up again.. Please help me. Its really troublesome. I haven't put up a new screen guard or anything. It's all the same.

Try turning off automatic brightness (in settings not action center), make a call, then turn it back on from the action center. Does that fix it?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried cleaning the screen around the proximity sensor? Have you tried a Soft Reset?

Soft Reset is different from just shutting it off and then powering back on. From powered on, hold Volume Down + Power buttons until the phone vibrates. let go of the buttons and the phone reboots. You are telling the system to purge RAM with this operation. It's a cleaner restart than just a manual power down, power up cycle.

Stu Malin

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like the same issue I had. Is the screen lifting slightly on any corners? If you press the screen in near the proximity sensor and make a call does the screen stay black? I had to send my 930 in for this issue so they could reseat the screen

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Lumia 520 has a known firmware issue with regards to the proximity sensor. Most people have found success with hard resets and or flashing denim rom.

As mentioned already, try the reboot!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium