Is there a way to manually force phone to require password immediately without changing settings?

nohra

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I doubt there is any way to do this, but I'll throw it out there to see.

While there's the handy setting for delaying the password being required to unlock a phone, sometimes I wish I could 'force' it to password lock without it waiting the delay time. For example, I'd want the delay on password required to unlock if the display simply locks due to inactivity after 3 minutes (say it locks after 3 minutes and then I notice it and immediately unlock), but if I actually press the power button to lock the phone I obviously meant to lock it, and would like it to require a password no matter how soon the power button is pressed again.

While I'm 99.99% sure this is not doable currently on WP, I could see this being a cool addition to the Action Center if not to the power button. Thoughts?

nohra

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
No API to code it, so make that 100%.

A nice UserVoice suggestion though. I'd love an OS update to long hold the power button for a couple of seconds to lock.

Thanks realwarder for the answer! Yup, I think I'll have to go see if there is a UserVoice request for it yet. I guess in reality, the 30 second or 1 minute delay will work for what I'm wanting, but options are always nice.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Best solution would be (I know it's a compromise):
- set SCREEN TIMES OUT AFTER >> whatever interval you want (i.e. 3 minutes)
- set REQUIRE A PASSWORD >> each time

this allows you to LOCK your phone on demand, while leaving the screen visible for 3 (or 5) minutes ...
OR set your SCREEN TIMEOUT to NEVER

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa