Why arent my theme and apps showing on my unlocked phone?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

So I bought an unlocked Lumia 635 (tmo) after my Lumia 521 (metropcs) fell and cracked I took it to metro they got me a new sim card and activated it. But for some reason when I signed into my hotmail account none of my apps or theme settings or windows 8.1 update shows up? It's regular old wp8..my contacts showed up as well as favorites erything else...nothing.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if WP 8.0 already supported theme and app settings sync across devices. But even if it did, you would've had to make sure your backup was up to date first and restore it upon first setup of your new device.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
If you login at The Smartphone Reinvented Around You | Windows Phone (United States) with your MS account you use on your phone than you can find there al the apps you ever downloaded and sent them to your phone. (go to apps and than "history")
That's probably easier than going via the STRORE. (And if you bought apps you just can download them without to pay again)
And pleas do not forget to enable back up in SETTINGS on your phone.

Your contact are on your MS account so that is why you see them.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If you login at The Smartphone Reinvented Around You | Windows Phone (United States) with your MS account you use on your phone than you can find there al the apps you ever downloaded and sent them to your phone. (go to apps and than "history")
That's probably easier than going via the STRORE. (And if you bought apps you just can download them without to pay again)
And pleas do not forget to enable back up in SETTINGS on your phone.

Your contact are on your MS account so that is why you see them.

The app history exists on the phone as well. Just not sure again if it's there since WP 8 or WP 8.1. I've definitely lost track somewhere along the way. :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6