System keeps growing

Legoboyii

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
It's gone from 2.8 gigs to 3.43 gigs in just a week on my Lumia 635, will using a storage cleaner app make it purge temp files? I change my start background several times a day every day. Is that why it keeps growing?

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I doubt that backgrounds have anything to do with that. From my observations the system folder grows with OS/firmware updates. It also seems to contain some certain cached files that are somehow crucial for the system, thus aren't not stored in the usual temporary folder, where WP's very own storage sense could easily remove them. Any so called Cache Cleane apps from the store won't help you there either. These apps basically don't do anything besides filling your entire storage, then prompt you to reboot your device to let WP's very own cache clean mechanisms kick in.

Legoboyii

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I doubt that backgrounds have anything to do with that. From my observations the system folder grows with OS/firmware updates. It also seems to contain some certain cached files that are somehow crucial for the system, thus aren't not stored in the usual temporary folder, where WP's very own storage sense could easily remove them. Any so called Cache Cleane apps from the store won't help you there either. These apps basically don't do anything besides filling your entire storage, then prompt you to reboot your device to let WP's very own cache clean mechanisms kick in.

Well I'm down from 1.46 GB remaining to 1.18. If it isn't switching start screen images regularly that's causing it I don't know what is. I have not installed any new apps, save one which I uninstalled right after.

Legoboyii

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Now if only I could figure out why I always have SD problems, either the apps get corrupted as they get moved over or files get deleted or fail to get thumbnailed, or after a few days the phone stops recognizing the apps on the SD card, and makes the apps start fresh after every open and close of the app. So annoying x.x

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss