Why does my phone keep saying emergency call only?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

phone keep saying emergency call only

soon as the phone starts it say emergency call only and it s a 3 network sim( pay as u go)

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: phone keep saying emergency call only

Your phone is probably locked to another carrier.

When this is the case no other service can be used until you get the phone carrier unlocked.

Did you buy the phone from another carrier? Does it have another carrier labeled anywhere on it? Does it have another carrier's apps preloaded?

If you are the original owner: try contacting the carrier it is branded to. Search the web for "<carrier name> unlock" and follow the instructions you find. If you bought it from a shop, seek help there. If you bought it from a private seller ask them about it.

If the phone was represented as unlocked and is not, seek a refund, replacement or free unlock.

Alternatively there are 3rd party unlock services, but they cost money and may take some time to get you the code.

gMaesterUK

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site

soon as the phone starts it say emergency call only and it s a 3 network sim( pay as u go)
As RumoredNow said, its most likely a non-3 phone that's still locked to the existing carrier.

If this is your phone that you moved network, try contacting the existing carrier for the unlock code, if you've been with them for more than 12months and don't have any monies outstanding, most (if not all) will unlock for free, else they'll charge ?20. Which is still cheaper (and safer) then using a third-party unlock service.

G.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site

you don't say which phone it is ...

remote idea, BUT, make sure the sim is inserted correctly. Most sim trays only allow insertion one way, but, I'll never underestimate the ingenuity of some, when faced with something that doesn't fit.
OR
the sim could be BAD or IF you had the wrong size sim & had to cut it down, you probably cut it wrong.

I'm gonna go out on a limb & assume you activated the sim. IF the phone has an SDcard slot, I assume you know the difference.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234