Why don't I have a 3G sign in notification bar on my Lumia?

lalit mohan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
No 3G sign in notification bar in lumia

Hey There,
In my locality, all most all lumia phones are not showing 3g sign in notification bar even after the mobile data of the phone is enabled,though other phones (androids) show full 3g whenever i enable the mobile data.lumia phones show Edge (E) though i have an activated 3g net pack.this is very unfortunate and frustrating.is there any way to rectify it on our own or a software problem.plz any one help me on this coz i want to buy lumia 730 but knowing about this problem,i am confused. i am living in the city of TALCHER,District- ANGUL, state- ORISSA, country-INDIA and 3g network providers in our locality are BSNL and Reliance.

Rick_Air

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: No 3G sign in notification bar in lumia

No.
Your phone CAN show either 3G, H or H+ depending on your network, the later 2 basically being a faster version of 3G.
I get all 3 depending whereabouts I am, however my wife on a different network sometimes only gets Edge and sometimes even only G.
It all depends on your network and if your device has the necessary bands to take advantage of what's available.

That's why sometimes different model phones can get different strength signals in the same place on the same network.

Check with your network is the best advice you can get.

SamJHannan

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I get the H and the H+, is the standard G just 2G? Because if I have the G it never really seems to load any webpage or whatever.

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site

First of all,
If 3G is available,then your phone will show either H+ or H instead of 3G.
Second
It isn't Lumia phones fault , you aren't able to access 3G only because it depends on your Network provider not on your phone.
It's better that you contact your network provider.

First of all for some networks it will show as 3g sometimes instead of H and H+.
Secondly OP already stated that his android phones show full 3g/H/H+ signal strength in the same locality which means it can't be the network providers fault.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos