There is no option to delete my email account

W

WPCentral Question

When I press on the account I only get 'sync' as an option. According to the instructions I should get 'delete' also ... My phone is a Nokia Lumia 630.
Can anyone help please?

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You can't remove the primary Microsoft Account from your phone. The only way to remove it is to perform a hard reset and set another account as part of the setup sequence.

matt john2

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
What email account are wanting to delete? If its like yahoo etc. then go to your phone settings>email+account>long tap the account you want to delete then delete options should show up

robt14

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for all the replies.
If I do a hard reset I believe I will lose all my personal data: presumably all my phone numbers and texts???
Is there not another way? I can access my Hotmail account from other devices: it's only on my phone that it is scr*wed.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Yes if you do a hard reset you phone will delete all data on your phone but if you made a back up the data is not lost.

But what is wrong with your hot-mail e-mail.
If you tap instead of hold your Microsoft account you will get to some settings.

robt14

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for this.
I really don't know what is wrong. I get the message: Outlook error: we're having a problem with the server or your connection. Try again later.
But I can update it on the same wifi and on the same device for different email accounts ...

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
So you get this error if you try to sync this account.
Do you also get a failure code?
Can you still download apps.
Is your data and time correct?
Do you already have this problem a long time or did it just happen

robt14

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for this: I do get it if I try to sync the account.
The error code is 8501001D
Yes, I can download apps.
Time and date are correct.
The problem just started yesterday afternoon.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I see you also have another post going.
So if you tap the main account will it show anything. If so see what the server is.
And change it to the server which you got from the other account you added or with the server from your other phone.
But before this make a backup.
Not sure if it works but you always can do a hard reset.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb