Phone upgrade due soon

Mhairi McKenzie

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Im due an upgrade from my Lumia 920 within the next three weeks and im not entirely sure what to go for. Im in the UK and really struggling to decide. I would much prefer to stay with windows but not sure about the 930.

With no clear devices expected soon I can see myself switching to the iphone 6.

Has anyone moved from L920 recently to another windows phone?

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
There is an event coming up on Jan. 21 that might shed some light on upcoming new devices. If I was in your boat, I'd at least wait to see if anything gets announced then.

I switched from 920 to 1520 over a year ago and have switched back to my 920 in the last couple of months due to a massive cracked screen on my 1520... I'm planning to get the 1520's screen fixed soon, but I guess it partially depends on what might get announced on the 21st and what kind of time frame they put in place.

Mhairi McKenzie

May 11, 2013
Visit site
There is an event coming up on Jan. 21 that might shed some light on upcoming new devices. If I was in your boat, I'd at least wait to see if anything gets announced then.

I switched from 920 to 1520 over a year ago and have switched back to my 920 in the last couple of months due to a massive cracked screen on my 1520... I'm planning to get the 1520's screen fixed soon, but I guess it partially depends on what might get announced on the 21st and what kind of time frame they put in place.

That's interesting to hear about the event on the 21st, I've been hoping to get at least some info on a new device.

Im really happy with my 920 so im not really in a major rush to move over but it has to be for the right device.

Thank you for taking the time to reply, I do appreciate it!

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Ok, now that the event is over, we still have no solid news on a new flagship.... Except that one will be released in 2015. There was a write up on Windows Central that they believe a new Lumia will be released toward the end of summer. So if you want to stay with WP, you can either wait for the end of summer-ish, or upgrade to a 930 or 1520 now... The only negative thing I will say about the 1520 is the size... To me it's a hair too large, which is party why I dropped mine and cracked the screen. Having said that, I plan to get the screen fixed in the next couple of weeks so I can use the 1520 instead of my 920.

One other note, and I'm not saying it's a bad phone, but stay away from the 830 Because it is not really an upgrade if your coming from a 920. I believe the 920 is a dual core @ 1.5 and the 830 is a quad core @ 1.2, but they felt about identical to me, si it didn't seem like an upgrade worth the money (although it does have an SD slot which the 920 does not).

Mhairi McKenzie

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I got my upgrade two days ago, went for the orange 930 and really love it already! Size of the screen is perfect for me and it looks gorgeous. I also got a free fitbit flex within two days of buying it and its a nice gadget to accompany the phone.

Woke up this morning to the denim update being available, so overall a good week for me!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon