Now can i recover deleted photos from my phone?

W

WPCentral Question

The photos were in the camera roll folder on the SD card in my Nokia Lumia 520. I selected a few of them and deleted them, then next thing I know they were ALL gone, about a number of them. I don't have an SD card reader in my computer. Help please!

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I've you've not used the SD card for anything else on your phone, remove it and don't use it again.

If you get an SD card reader, you may be able to use recovery software on it (there's utilities that can do this). The longer you leave the SD card in your phone, the less chance you have to get anything off it.

Negri Colibri

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
I removed the SD card as soon as it happened. The trouble is that I do not have access to a computer until tomorrow, and then I will only have an old computer without an SD card reader.

1. Is there no app that can recover lost files from within the phone itself?

2. Can I recover them on a Win XP PC using the USB connection without removing the card from the phone?

Last edited:

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
That's a No, and No.

The phone's storage is not accessible to disk recovery software. You'll need to use a card reader to access the SD card. This assumes that the SD card uses NTFS without encryption.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre