The photos were in the camera roll folder on the SD card in my Nokia Lumia 520. I selected a few of them and deleted them, then next thing I know they were ALL gone, about a number of them. I don't have an SD card reader in my computer. Help please!
    01-18-2015 11:13 PM
    Did they get backed up to OneDrive? If so you can download them to the phone again from there.

​Otherwise.... Sorry.
    Did they get backed up to OneDrive? If so you can download them to the phone again from there.

​Otherwise.... Sorry.
    Laura Knotek and Guytronic like this.
    01-18-2015 11:16 PM
    It's me, the OP. I wasn't registered before.

No, the photos weren't backed up. Is there no other way?? I've made no more photos since yesterday, isn't there any sort of recovery app for WP?
    01-19-2015 07:07 AM
    I've you've not used the SD card for anything else on your phone, remove it and don't use it again.

If you get an SD card reader, you may be able to use recovery software on it (there's utilities that can do this). The longer you leave the SD card in your phone, the less chance you have to get anything off it.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    01-19-2015 07:12 AM
    I removed the SD card as soon as it happened. The trouble is that I do not have access to a computer until tomorrow, and then I will only have an old computer without an SD card reader.

1. Is there no app that can recover lost files from within the phone itself?

2. Can I recover them on a Win XP PC using the USB connection without removing the card from the phone?
    Last edited by Negri Colibri; 01-20-2015 at 08:00 AM. Reason: Typos
    01-19-2015 10:28 AM
    That's a No, and No.

The phone's storage is not accessible to disk recovery software. You'll need to use a card reader to access the SD card. This assumes that the SD card uses NTFS without encryption.
    RumoredNow and Negri Colibri like this.
    01-19-2015 10:34 AM
    OK, thanks. The card is not encrypted and I assume it uses NTFS since it was new when I inserted in in this phone?

Any recommendations for disk recovery software?
    01-20-2015 08:15 AM