Phone update on cellular data must be there in windows 10 ????

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Windows Central! Currently, there isn't much information about Windows 10, however more information will be released on Wednesday.

Search the forums for any other question you may have, and as always, keep a look out on the front page!

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
So less people use wifi 📶 at there home 🏠 and offices!!

But be aware that updates are large and a stable connection is needed.
That you can not download on cellular data is not because Microsoft does not "want" it.
But because wifi is more stable and "free". What do you think would happen it you download it with a "unstable" cellular data connection and after 650 of the 700 Mb the connection collapsed and you have to start again. I think that there would be tones of very agree people.

So even if downloading over cellular would become possible there still wool be a check on the stability and not everyone would be able to download.

Stefan Holder

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
In my humble opinion, downloading system updates should not be allowed with mobile data. As the previous poster stated, a reliable connection is best suited for this task. Not to mention how expensive it will be for a customer to download system update via mobile data.
Sent from my Lumia 1320 all the way from Jupiter.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro