Is it possible to change the battery of Nokia Lumia 730 with more pwerful battery?

W

WPCentral Question

Hello all,

I bought my Nokia Lumia 730 phone almost two weeks ago. The performance of the phone is very good in general. However there are some complains regarding some of the features/ hardware:
1) I know that switching the phone on during the charging is a new feature in Windows Phones. But, I really don't like it. I hope Microsoft will put the option of turning off the phone during the charging in future updates.
2) It doesn't have any option for switching off the WiFi automatically during the sleep mode (I mean when the screen turns off).
3) And the most important thing: The battery life. I heard a lot about the pros regarding Lumia 730 battery life. But considering a guy like me who came from phones with more than 3000 mA batteries, I really hate to do charging the phone every day/ two days.

Does any one know some solutions regarding the aforementioned problems? Specially the last one. Is it possible to change the battery with more powerful battery? Is such a battery (3000 mA or more), which is compatible with Lumia 730, available in the market?
Thanks in advance for your answers.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
No. You can't change to a higher capacity battery.

To go from 2200 to 3000 mAh would require more space. Often such upgrades require an extended battery door and the 730 is a sealed unit. At most you would maybe get a minimal increase with an aftermarket battery using the same space as 730 allows, but would also have to crack open the case. Since it is not a "user serviceable" battery no after market battery makers are going to make an extended battery for this model.

Best solution: get a battery recharge stick.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
No. You can't change to a higher capacity battery.

To go from 2200 to 3000 mAh would require more space. Often such upgrades require an extended battery door and the 730 is a sealed unit. At most you would maybe get a minimal increase with an aftermarket battery using the same space as 730 allows, but would also have to crack open the case. Since it is not a "user serviceable" battery no after market battery makers are going to make an extended battery for this model.

Best solution: get a battery recharge stick.
The 730/735 has a user replaceable battery and removable back

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It's definitely possible, they're extended batteries made for many phones, the larger ones often come with a larger back cover.

But in the same physical size you're looking at a modest increase at best, but it's still an increase.

although such a battery might not exist yet, since it relies on a third party to make it. a better bet is to pick up an extra, identical pack.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos