Can I get some help with a problem I am having with my Lumia 830 screen & touch traits?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Lumia 830 screen & touch traits

hi there
so i just got an 830 this week, so far i'm very pleased except for 2 things: touchscreen and Glance screen

Glance:
- occasionally it doesn't work at all, as if the sensor didn't pick movement (the sensor seems ok though - it turns the screen on and off correctly during calls). When this happens, Double tap to wake doesn't work too.
- It requires about 4 or more hand waves above said sensor here and there to get Glance to work
- sometimes it's dimmer than usual, making it impossible to see at the slightest angle. Turning on the screen and then off again makes it normal
- it's very slow at picking up movement compared to my former 925 - it'd show all info in half a second and never failed me, whether i was taking the phone out of my pocker out waving my hand over it.
obs: setting touch sensitivity to high seems to improve double tap to wake responsiveness
so i wonder, are these recurrent issues among 830s? Can all this be fixed with updates? Or i might have a defective phone?
thx in advance

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Lumia 830 screen & touch traits

First... Get SysApp Pusher installed and set it up. Inside SysApp, on the bottom bar, tap on check. It will make sure all installed Apps and components (like Glance) have the latest update.

Second... Try a Soft Reset. Hold the Volume Down + Power buttons until the phone vibrates (about 10 secinds). Release the buttons and the phone reboots while clearing system memory.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)