Has my Nokia Lumia 1020 been hacked?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Has my nokia lumia 1020 been hacked

me phone started make a clicking noise and when I looked at an email was being typed on the phone

telling me some young lady was single

I delete the email and restart the phone can you tell me how somebody can get access to me phone

Also my internet banking has been hacked using call forwarding on my phone, I did not get any of the texts changing my passwords and security details, but they were sent to my phone ..??

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: Has my nokia lumia 1020 been hacked

If you've been hacked you're the first person with a WP for it to happen to.

The security is rather high on a WP this shouldn't be a possibility as far as I know.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

Were you looking at your email in an app or on the web? Because that typing thing you're describing sounds like the usual JavaScript based pseudo chat window appearing on many rather fishy sites. That's not actually a chat window, but a simple ad trying to lure you away from the site you're looking at over to their site. Other than that, N_LaRUE is right, there hasn't been a single hacked or taken over WP device ever since its launch.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site

me phone started make a clicking noise and when I looked at an email was being typed on the phone

telling me some young lady was single
that was some animate image from a dodgy site you were viewing. (BTW, there aren't hundreds of hot Latvian girls looking to hook up with you having found your details on the internet).
I delete the email and restart the phone can you tell me how somebody can get access to me phone
they didn't
Also my internet banking has been hacked using call forwarding on my phone, I did not get any of the texts changing my passwords and security details, but they were sent to my phone ..??
no it wasn't. speak to your bank.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site

It sounds like you have a ghost!

Windows Phone's security has proven to be solid against attack. Even if it were possible to insert malware into your phone, it would make no sense for the malware to light up your screen and unlock it to begin typing messages. That would be rather conspicuous.

I don't know what would be causing your first issue with your phone lit up and typing, it could be damage to the screen that is accepting touches? But actually typing a legible message? Unless it was forwarding spam that you had already received, it sounds like you were the victim of a prank by family or friends? Otherwise, I see no way that this could possibly occur.

If call forwarding has been set up on your phone without your permission or knowledge, it sounds like someone is messing with you. But they can't access your phone remotely...they must have physical access to your phone. Change your PIN (if you don't have a PIN lock on your phone, you are just asking for trouble.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)