Why isn't one app downloading without wifi?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

1 app willdownload the next time your in wifi

But i had a data in mobile and it also on

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: 1 app willdownload the next time your in wifi

Look in settings->mobile+SIM

There's an option there for "limited WiFi connectivity" which means that if your WiFi signal is too weak, it'll use mobile data instead.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
The question is not very clear but.

If you want to download an app which is more than 100 Mb you need wifi. Windows phone does not allow the downloading from "big" apps with data.

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site

As said above big apps i.e 100mb+(50mb+ with some operators) will download only when u connect to a wifi network.

felixl87

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site

This cap really annoys me and this all user protection thing is fully meaningless, why would someone buy a smartphone if they don't know how to use it correctly and now other people have to suffer just because the minority are so dumb to use their phones, if Microsoft wants to move windows phone anywhere they have got to put some stupid things aside!

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
This cap really annoys me and this all user protection thing is fully meaningless, why would someone buy a smartphone if they don't know how to use it correctly and now other people have to suffer just because the minority are so dumb to use their phones, if Microsoft wants to move windows phone anywhere they have got to put some stupid things aside!

I understand you but apart from the "protection" you also need a stable an "fast" enough connection.

And with internet sharing you can create "wifi" with mobile data. But you need 2 phones.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes