How can I play movies from my phone onto my tv?

Ejay Lozano

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Re: how I can movies on phone on my tv

If you have a smart tv its built in, just project my screen in settings and connect through wifi. If you have a non smart tv like me you can pick up the Microsoft hd-10 (retail $60). Mine just came in the mail today and I'm loving it. It hooks up to your tv through hdmi and a micro usb to wall charger for a power source. Connection is through NFC on your phone.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

If you have a smart tv its built in, just project my screen in settings and connect through wifi. If you have a non smart tv like me you can pick up the Microsoft hd-10 (retail $60). Mine just came in the mail today and I'm loving it. It hooks up to your tv through hdmi and a micro usb to wall charger for a power source. Connection is through NFC on your phone.

Just a sidenote.. The phone - or any other Miracast capable device - doesn't connect through NFC but 2.4GHz WiFi. NFC just saves time, as you don't have to go to settings, choose "project my screen" (or whatever it's called) and connect from there.

Ejay Lozano

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site

Just a sidenote.. The phone - or any other Miracast capable device - doesn't connect through NFC but 2.4GHz WiFi. NFC just saves time, as you don't have to go to settings, choose "project my screen" (or whatever it's called) and connect from there.
I see. So that hd-10 is being used as a WiFi miracast and the NFC is just being used as a shortcut to get to the project my screen menu.

trekgraham

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site

What devices can you project to? Does the phone have to be physically connected to the TV? I've gotten rid of cable and grabbed Hulu plus and Netflix. It's great but I would love to watch it on my tv. Limited budget so cheaper the better
sent via Tapatalk on my Lumia 635

trekgraham

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site

I also want to accomplish this without using anything but my T-Mobile data. No home internet access, I have a old router.

Ejay Lozano

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site

What devices can you project to? Does the phone have to be physically connected to the TV? I've gotten rid of cable and grabbed Hulu plus and Netflix. It's great but I would love to watch it on my tv. Limited budget so cheaper the better

Any Lumia devices running Lumia denim OS. Possibly the Lumia 2520, but I don't have one to test with.

trekgraham

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site

I thought the Lumia 635 with Cyan could wirelessly project? I was looking at the Roku streaming stick

trekgraham

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site

Now can I stream my Netflix and Hulu plus using just my phones data? I don't want to tether my internet connection if I can avoid it

kathy13xia

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
Several ways actually. Cable connection between phone and TV, through wifi, etc. But you need make sure the video type on your phone is accepted by the TV. If not, you need change the video format with Pavtube beforehand.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss