I had a Critical Update notice 24 hours ago. The notice said that the update would take about 10 minutes so as my phone had been on charge all night I did not re-connect it to the charger. Several hours later the phone was dead. I connected the charger and got the flat battery indicator. A few hours after that I got a blue screen with a message in very tiny writing to the effect that I could learn more later. This morning I still had the blue screen and then suddenly I got the gear wheels. Five hours later and the wheels are still turning. What is going on?
    01-23-2015 09:35 AM
    Hope the phone is not connected to charger ..Just wait till the Battery dies down .. Then connect the phone to charger and see if it comes to life within 15-20 minutes
    01-23-2015 09:54 AM
    The critical update is Denim. But the update process is stuck for some reason.
    The gears are indicating that the update is being installed.
    If the indicator bar is still not started to indicate how far the update is switch of your phone and get your SD card out and start your phone again.
    If above does not solve the problem please create an account here on WC and reply on this post.
    01-23-2015 09:56 AM
    I had a Critical Update notice 24 hours ago. The notice said that the update would take about 10 minutes so as my phone had been on charge all night I did not re-connect it to the charger. Several hours later the phone was dead. I connected the charger and got the flat battery indicator. A few hours after that I got a blue screen with a message in very tiny writing to the effect that I could learn more later. This morning I still had the blue screen and then suddenly I got the gear wheels. Five hours later and the wheels are still turning. What is going on?
    There is a reason they tell you to plug it in, updating is very battery consumptive, what probably happened was your battery died midway through the update, your update is now corrupted and your phone is now bricked, the only choices left are to re install your phones firmware manually with nokia's recovery tool or send it in for repairs.

Next time do what the phone tells you, it does so for a reason.
    01-23-2015 10:36 AM