How do I log off from my Gmail account on my Nokia Lumia 635?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

hi I can't seem to log off from my gmail account on my nokia lumia 635. pls help :(

Ok, I haven't had this phone for more then a week. I have a gmail account and wanted to check my emails on my phone through google. Now I can't seem to log out! lol.. what am I doing wrong...

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
On mobile you usually just stay logged on for email accounts. I always have no matter what mobile OS.

If you are getting too many notifications, you can either change the sync frequency or turn off some/all of the alert methods.

Settings > email + accounts > tap the account name > change the "Download new email" setting... manual might be best if it is a seldom used account...

Then you can sync from inside the email box or Settings > email + accounts > hold down on the account name > tap "sync" from the popup menu...

To change how alerts are handled... Settings > notifications + actions > tap the account name > change conditions to make it less intrusive.

The last resort is to go to email + accounts > hold down on the account name and tap "delete"... But it would be silly to delete the account after every use...

There are a few reasons mobile stays connected to email accounts:
  • Your phone is a comm device - a smart phone is a hub for all your comm, of which email is a part
  • Usually there are other account benefits aside from email, your phone stays connected to leverage those account benefits and services
  • Syncing your email account can also update your contacts and calendar as well, so they remain current on your phone without tedious replication of entry

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henrysmith