Hi guys I run Windows 7 SP1 on my PC.Today got a notification in Windows Update that the Technical Preview is available.Is it better to install the Preview through Windows Update??or ISO??
    01-23-2015 07:18 PM
    That depends.

What are you using the Tech Preview on? Is it your primary machine or a backup computer?

If your primary you probably shouldn't install it... Especially coming from 7. It might be like culture shock if you aren't used to 8.1 and what if you want to revert?

Myself... I'd make a backup disk and make sure I have a good recovery image for my current system.

Then I'd do a clean install of the Tech Preview via ISO. A clean install always works best, even though many report the upgrade method is fine.
    That depends.

What are you using the Tech Preview on? Is it your primary machine or a backup computer?

If your primary you probably shouldn't install it... Especially coming from 7. It might be like culture shock if you aren't used to 8.1 and what if you want to revert?

Myself... I'd make a backup disk and make sure I have a good recovery image for my current system.

Then I'd do a clean install of the Tech Preview via ISO. A clean install always works best, even though many report the upgrade method is fine.
    aximtreo likes this.
    01-23-2015 11:02 PM