How can I save my contacts from my lumia 925 when the display has been broken?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I have broke the screen of my lumia925..... How could I save the contacts when the screen doesn't work anymore? I tried to connect it to my pc and I saved every photos and videos, but I haven't found the contacts...I've tried it with several programs like nokia suite, explorer, ms-dos ..... Could someone helpme?

Calypsoo

Jan 25, 2015
Visit site
Hi AndiFZ1S!

Thanks for your answer... but that is the problem... I haven`t syncronized them because of some technical problem... ( I `ve saved always the contacts of my phones .. but this time not...)
I didn`t know that it causes such a problem for me. I have had a C7 before, it has been broken....okay i am not so careful...but there was not a problem to save contacts and files etc... but this time, I tought that it `s just a bad joke.....

k12000lt

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
You can not.. This is exactly why WP will never match Symbian. It had 'SUITE' which we could use to manage damn everything about the phone right from installing Apps to taking local back up to reinstalling firmware and so on. With WP you can only transfer photos, videos and music. Rest everything needs GPRD/3G/WiFi activated on phone and synchronized on Cloud/MS a/c. You can not take local back up of contacts/messages/calender events/notes/bookmarks/saved locations and just anything. If you lose screen/keyboard, you must get it repaired to get your data back. You can not just connect it to PC via usb and take backup, like you could in C7. This is one of the so many reasons why WP suck.
Still just one thing, if it can help. If you have created MS account when you purchased that phone and logged in to the account, phone automatically saves all contacts to MS a/c (Outlook or Hotmail or Live). Try to log in to that account from PC, if you remember the log in ID and password. You will get all your contacts back. Rest everything needs manual synchronization/backup. If you have set auto back up to off, you have lost those things.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
IF backup was turned ON in Settings, the phone periodically backs up to One Drive - I think the contacts are backed up (or not).

OOPS, just looked @ Backup, NO mention of contacts.

Last edited:

SkornX

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
Only way is to unlock from the phone itself. I broke LCD in my L930 (Win 10) while digitizer is intact. What i did was to guess where the number would be to type the PIN and after several attempts it worked (Of course waited about 10 mins after 5 failed attempts). and kept touching the display to make the phone awake till i finish transferring. I did research but found nothing about remotely accessing the phone lockpad

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Only way is to unlock from the phone itself. I broke LCD in my L930 (Win 10) while digitizer is intact. What i did was to guess where the number would be to type the PIN and after several attempts it worked (Of course waited about 10 mins after 5 failed attempts). and kept touching the display to make the phone awake till i finish transferring. I did research but found nothing about remotely accessing the phone lockpad

project my screen app is one way - once the phone is unlocked - then you can use project my screen app on pc and connect the phone - it should mirror the screen on the pc and you can control that using a mouse or tocuhscreen

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers