so, couple moths ago i tried to install the newest software update on my nokia lumia 820 but in the middle of the proces (while my phone was turning of/on as needed) suddenly a sad face appeard in the middle of my phone. after that i could't do anything (i tried hard reset, soft reset, pulling my battery and then putting it again)but nothing helped. then i send it to repair shop they said that they don't know what it is but the think it is a virus, but they repaired it. but yesterday i red somewhere that nokia phone can't get any viruses... but now i see there is a new update with so much new helpful feautures but i'm scared to install it. what should i do?
    01-25-2015 03:52 AM
    so, couple moths ago i tried to install the newest software update on my nokia lumia 820 but in the middle of the proces (while my phone was turning of/on as needed) suddenly a sad face appeard in the middle of my phone. after that i could't do anything (i tried hard reset, soft reset, pulling my battery and then putting it again)but nothing helped. then i send it to repair shop they said that they don't know what it is but the think it is a virus, but they repaired it. but yesterday i red somewhere that nokia phone can't get any viruses... but now i see there is a new update with so much new helpful feautures but i'm scared to install it. what should i do?
    Hello,
    At first I believe that you didn't have to send it for repair and pay a buck. You should have used the Lumia Software Recovery Tool. It's available to Download on PC so you connect your Phone To the PC and do the recovery so your phone gets the latest official update it had. Without paying a buck and sending it to repair.
    Second, I think that you don't need to worry about anything. Just to make sure you are safe, Backup the things you need. And do the update. If something goes wrong, use the Lumia Recovery Tool to have a fresh operating system again then download the data you backed up before.
    Third, Good luck ! 😄
    RumoredNow likes this.
    01-25-2015 04:06 AM
    Make sure you update with your phone charging
    aximtreo and RumoredNow like this.
    01-25-2015 04:17 AM
    And remove your memory card before installing an update.
    Harrie-S likes this.
    01-25-2015 09:49 AM