I have to charge my phone every day now that H+ has apeared
    01-25-2015 11:32 AM
    U have mobile data turned on, and it drains the battery faster. Thats normal
    01-25-2015 11:34 AM
    If you normally use 4G, I've found I get H+ when signal is poor, sadly this drains the battery as it's constantly trying to find a decent 4G signal...

If you know you'll be in a poor signal area, best to set 3G as your highest speed, so it won't try 4G.

G.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-25-2015 11:36 AM
    H+ only means that you are using the HSPA+ wireless spectrum. If you were using LTE before, then there might be something else eating your battery life other than data.
    xandros9 likes this.
    01-25-2015 11:38 AM
    That H+ icon means that your phone is connecting to a 3.5G or HSPA+ network through the GSM antenna of your phone. This type of connection is a power-intensive process, consuming more power than connecting your phone to a WiFi network. The power consumption will even be worse if your phone is kept in a place with poor network coverage, since your phone will either be exerting more effort to connect to the cellular site or be attempting to connect to a different cellular site.

To conserve battery power, try connecting to a WiFi network as much as you can. Of course, you can always keep your phone plugged in as much as you can when you don't have access to a WiFi network, e.g. to a mobile battery pack.
    01-25-2015 11:42 AM