Since the Denim update, why can't I train 'Hey Cortana'?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

denim - cant train 'hey Cortana'

Hi,
Just updated my lumia 1520 to denim yesterday. Trying to set up the new 'Hey Cortana' feature, but everytime i say hey cortana when it prompts me to do so, it returns sorry didn't catch that.
If i bring up cortana using the search button and say something, she understands it, even if i say hey cortana, she replies 'hey there'. Its strange that during the training it always gives the error message...
Any tips?

Thanks,
Zoli

Zoli0512

Jan 25, 2015
Visit site
Re: denim - cant train 'hey Cortana'

Above (now disabled) train button, a message appears: You need to disconnect any audio accessories before you start.
I dont think it's the built in microphone's fault, because opening cortana and talking to her works well, she understands everything I say. It's strange why it is not working during training, and didn't find anybody else having this problem yet...

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site

Lol I suggested the headphones, because someone had issues wit cortana in the latest build (pc) and had to scream at the desktop before it worked

Zoli0512

Jan 25, 2015
Visit site

Thanks for the help anyway :)
Maybe it's a bug in the eu version... Hope other reports will follow as people get the update and Microsoft looks into it...

Rick_Air

May 7, 2013
Visit site

I had this problem on my 930, took loads of attempts to get the 5 correct ones needed.
It is a beta to be fair.
After I finally managed it I was surprised it did actually work when tried, bit hit and miss though.

My training worked when I used a slightly lower voice and left a slight pause after "Hey"

Zoli0512

Jan 25, 2015
Visit site

I haven't even reached the second attempt, it never accepts the first one. Yesterday i was saying hey cortana to it for like half an hour... Strange that opening cortana and saying 'Hey Cortana' works nice for the first try, 'Hey Cortana' appears in the textbox and she replies.

SuperbSandy

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I am not able to train/ save "Hey, cortana" on my 1520 after denim update either. I tried all possible way but it doesnt accept any voice. Any ideas on training it? Did you guys get it to working?

Last edited:

dhugos

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi, did you ever manage to use the 'Hey Cortana' feature, after the Denim update on your 1520? I just got mine, I checked that it had Denim and Hey Cortana, and it just says "Sorry, didn't catch that" every time I try to train Cortana. And like you, the search functionality works fine with my voice. Thanks for any help you can provide. There's always something. Such a waste of time!

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa