I have been trying to upgrade my windows 7 laptop to windows 10 for 4 days and every time it restores the previous version of windows all by itself.
    why is the even happening ?
    please some help !!!
    01-27-2015 06:59 AM
    Try a clean install instead of an upgrade. Keep in mind though, you won't be able to go back doing it that way (I believe).
    01-27-2015 07:30 AM
    Try a clean install instead of an upgrade. Keep in mind though, you won't be able to go back doing it that way (I believe).
    You wont be able to go back either way, it replaces your recovery drive so no way to revert to your previous OS without the installation disc. Difference is doing a clean instal erases everything, so back up your important files!!!
    Ed Boland likes this.
    01-27-2015 07:44 AM
    You wont be able to go back either way, it replaces your recovery drive so no way to revert to your previous OS without the installation disc. Difference is doing a clean instal erases everything, so back up your important files!!!
    Really? I went back to my pervious version after an update. All my files / apps / programs where there after the rollback.
    01-27-2015 07:47 AM
    Really? I went back to my pervious version after an update. All my files / apps / programs where there after the rollback.
    Huh, I thought for sure I heard you couldn't roll back without the disc. Must've been for the first few builds of windows 10 only then
    01-27-2015 03:45 PM
    Huh, I thought for sure I heard you couldn't roll back without the disc. Must've been for the first few builds of windows 10 only then
    Probably just the previous versions couldn't. I rolled back to my previous after seeing some issues. I did notice a few bugs after I rolled back too. Probably have to reinstall it all together :'(
    01-27-2015 03:49 PM
    Probably just the previous versions couldn't. I rolled back to my previous after seeing some issues. I did notice a few bugs after I rolled back too. Probably have to reinstall it all together :'(

My plan is to reinstall the next build when its released again to see if my issue was fixed. I don't care if there are bugs, I expect it, I just can't have it crashing my computer every thirty minutes like it was. Lol
    01-27-2015 04:11 PM