Manual email sync on Microsoft Account

Kubanarin

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I need to set my main Microsoft Account to manually sync the email but the option is missing in the settings.

All my other accounts have the option of syncing manually. Is there something I am missing?

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Well MS might have done that deliberately since they would want the end-user to use their service atleast once a day. If you do not use your MS Account for email then just uncheck the Email option from email and accounts under settings

Kubanarin

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
That could very well be the case.

Unfortunately my wife has requested that the email automatic sync on her phone is turned off by because of stress. The phone is however the only way she can check the email but it needs to be done manually so that she can manage the stress levels.

This always on business is not good for everyone.

Kubanarin

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Yes that is sound advice and I will do that.

Is it possible to stop the live tile updating?

Other than that she would like to be able to look into the mailbox without being presented by with new emails unless she chooses to.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Yes that is sound advice and I will do that.

Is it possible to stop the live tile updating?

Other than that she would like to be able to look into the mailbox without being presented by with new emails unless she chooses to.

You also could set "download new content" on daily.
If so she can open the e-mail but she will not see new messages. Only if she push the sync button on the bottom she will see the new messages.
It's the closes you can get to manual sync in your case.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss