• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: why i can't view my pictures..cant get media content to pull up

If you refer to messages you have to sett some APN settings

Settings -> right flick to applications -> messaging -> scroll to the bottom, click "edit mms apn"

The exact settings will vary upon providers, but heading to Bing & searching something like "[provider name here] mms apn settings" might help. Or contact you carrier/provider for the correct settings.

selkie305

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site
Re: why i can't view my pictures..cant get media content to pull up

Settings -> right flick to applications -> messaging -> scroll to the bottom, click "edit mms apn"
Mine doesn't say "edit mms apn". And I searched for "[provider name here] mms apn settings". This page: (this won't let me post the link :eck:, but it's the result I get from searching "Virgin Mobile mms apn settings")
Confusing! So what is it? "YESINTERNET"? Everything on the page? And where does it go if I don't even have that option of "edit mms apn"? Should it be this difficult to just get your messages, that you have to reset the whole phone? 99% of Windows Phone is logical and intuitive, especially to someone who has always had Windows computers. But this is ridiculous.

selkie305

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site
View attachment 99438
Not a dual SIM. I'm in the U.S. I've attached a screenshot of the SIM settings page. I don't really know what to put in there, though. I found a page on VM's Help and Support Knowledge Database (I'll try and put in the link, but I bet your admin still won't let me) with a whole long list of different things that I have no idea what to do with. They can't all be the settings I need. I've been to so many different sites that I'm not even sure what I've tried yet. Could you try to help me find what should go into the SIM settings? https://community.virginmobile.com....ttings-for-Internet-MMS-and-tethering/ta-p/76

selkie305

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site
Also, tonight I'm having a new problem. My wifi won't connect, and when it does, it won't stay connected. This wasn't happening until just now. The same wifi connection is working just fine on my computer, so I know it's not that.

selkie305

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site
Again, I'm in the U.S. I had reached the page for Australia by mistake. But I can't figure out where to add what in the U.S. settings. I keep running into menu directions that aren't on my phone. And directions that don't give me all the information I need as to exactly what to enter. Meanwhile, VM doesn't seem to know anything about any of this when I email them. Here are two links I am trying to work with: https://apn.gishan.net/settings/816_26_virgin_mobile_apn_settings_for_nokia_lumia_635.php
and: Virgin Mobile APN Settings (USA) But I don't have "access point>names>new APN" or "SIM settings>add MMS APN". And which user name and password do they want? Authentication type? Proxy server (URL)? I don't want to put in the wrong thing and really mess up my phone! Why doesn't it just WORK??

selkie305

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site
"Access Point settings are for you if you use more than one SIM card or your SIM has multiple access points. The settings make it easy for you to manage operator settings for internet, MMS and internet sharing features. Simply open this app to apply your new settings.
Access Point settings only work on your SIM has multiple access points and aren't locked to an operator.
So I don't see how it applies to me. I have one SIM card (which isn't called that by VM, but I suppose it serves the same function.) What does "your SIM has multiple access points" mean?
Ditto "your SIM has multiple access points." And my phone is locked to an operator, if that means the cell phone service provider.
Or will downloading Access Point make the missing steps appear in the Settings menu? ("Go to Menu -> Settings -> Wireless & Networks -> Mobile networks -> Access Point Names -> New APN and type the below parameters. If so, I'll try it. (Read in the reviews, though, that it didn't work for the Lumia 635. Unless this is an "off-label" use of the app for which it would work? So confused.)

Last edited:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Click that link again... Sign in with your Microsoft Account and make sure your VM branded 635 shows as your phone and it will tell you if your phone will install Access Point. I know Vzw phones used to use it...

Or just visit the link from your phone and install it if it is available to you.

The only way to get into Access point settings is via this App.

selkie305

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site
I got Access Point. Then, to be sure, I did a soft reset. Access Point just added "Access Point" to the bottom of my Settings list. Tapping it makes everything on the screen go away for a second and come back, nothing else. It doesn't make "Wireless & Networks -> Mobile networks -> Access Point Names -> New APN" appear in my settings or do anything else that I can see, except make the screen blink off and on.

selkie305

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site
There is no retailer to visit - they don't have stores anymore, at least here. I'm trying to deal with them by email, but the people who answer their emails don't seem to know anything about it.

selkie305

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site
No, this is my first smartphone. My previous phone was a Samsung Slash from Virgin Mobile that I had for about 7 years. That's why it's so frustrating that something so basic, that just worked on a simple phone doesn't work on this one. And everything else, setup and all, is so easy!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss