Bank Of America contacted me via Twitter by DM.

HelloNNNewman

Administrator
Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
FWIW.... we went through this exact same issue with webOS a few years ago. I bookmarked the BoA website and it worked exactly like the app... BUT, that makes it even more sucky that a banking service won't support an app that is simply a portal for their website.

As an outsider, I totally understand when a company stops supporting an app for a operating system (like webOS) when the OS developer shuts down development, but for banks to do this on a strong OS like Windows makes no sense to me. None. I truly feel the community's anger and confusion.... we at webOS Nation went through it too, but our excuse was HP killing the OS. I don't understand what these banks excuses are....

HelloNNNewman

Administrator
Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
How exactly do you mobile deposit via website?

Well.. that was an option we never had at the time. And would be the one service BoA added to the mobile app (check depositing) not that long ago (only a year or so). But how many checks to people get anymore (I've gotten 1 in the past year that I got to try the mobile deposit with). All of that aside... it's astounding to me that these banks would bail on an app on an OS with the number of users they have.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Well.. that was an option we never had at the time. And would be the one service BoA added to the mobile app (check depositing) not that long ago (only a year or so). But how many checks to people get anymore (I've gotten 1 in the past year that I got to try the mobile deposit with). All of that aside... it's astounding to me that these banks would bail on an app on an OS with the number of users they have.

I sell knives out of a locked case at an antique mall and they pay via check. Direct Deposit is not an option for them, nor is it for many small businesses that still pay their employees by check due to Direct Deposit fees that would accrue.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss