Why won't my Surface Pro 3 turn on?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Had the Surface Pro 3 for less than 3 months, and it WON'T TURN ON.

After switching from macs to the sp3 due to my love of the pen and productivity associated with microsoft 8, the tablet inexplicably refuses to boot even though the charger is fully operational (phone plugged in to usb and light on charger is fully on)

I've been on the phone with microsoft support for almost 2 hours and they told me to try to the 2-button reboot, hold the power button down for 30 seconds (both methods used with the charger plugged in and without it plugged in), and hook it up to an external display and attempt to boot it up.

Nothing I've tried works and I'm being told that they're gone to replace the device associated with my warranty, but that I won't be able to recover my files.

Even though much of my work is saved on the drive, a lot of my work will most certainly be lost. The fact that I'm paying for a year's service of OneDrive and still paying off a tablet that won't work/allow me to recover the files, doesn't encourage me to want to use another SP3 that could have the same issue!

When I spoke with the Microsoft support agents, they did their very best to help me troubleshoot the issue, but it was clear that there would be no compensation for the faulty device other than replacing it with another potentially faulty device.

Am I right to not trust this service and switch back to macs, or is there a better alternative? I'll really miss the functional pen and split screen advantage of the spa, but it's not worth the potential for absolute disaster in an age of continuous professional deadlines.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb