Why is my my laptop showing the message we couldn't complete the updates undoing changes?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

my laptop is showing the message we couldn't complete the updates undoing changes

Hi.. I am using windows 8 OS. My laptop is HP Pavilion. I cancelled some updates while shut downing my laptop. On that time onward I couldn't able to open my laptop. It is showing the message " We couldn't complete the updates Undoing changes Don't turn off your computer". Please Help me to rectify.

flippedout

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
Unfortunately I appears Laura didn't read the post and just assumed by the OP saying Windows 8 they meant 8.0. Clearly that is not the issue here.

What seems to be working for most is installing one update at a time because the morons at Microsoft couldn't figure out a way to ensure updates are installed in the right order.

I'm struggling with the same issue over and over again and each time I have to go through and manually select the updates to figure out the correct order.

Lisa Aldrich

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
How do I get out of the "we couldn't complete features" screen??? It's just stuck. I can't F8 boot or anything. I can't choose updates like everyone says to solve the issue because all my laptop does is sit at that screen...