I have it plugged in but I am certain that it is not charging. I have had issues with it not charging correctly for about a month now. Microsoft was no help and says I'm out of luck. Is the battery dead and can it be replaced?
    01-30-2015 02:56 PM
    I would recommend you to bring it into one of the stores and ask if they can replace the battery..

Here are a few more tricks to try: Microsoft Surface battery not charging | Battery and power problems

If you're absolutely sure about changing the battery on your own: https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Micr...Teardown/12842
    (The tut is for a sp but the sp2 won't be that different)

And lastly: Microsoft Surface Wireless Adapter for Typing Covers | Bluetooth keyboard adapter
    I would recommend you to bring it into one of the stores and ask if they can replace the battery..

Here are a few more tricks to try: Microsoft Surface battery not charging | Battery and power problems

If you're absolutely sure about changing the battery on your own: https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Micr...Teardown/12842
    (The tut is for a sp but the sp2 won't be that different)

And lastly: Microsoft Surface Wireless Adapter for Typing Covers | Bluetooth keyboard adapter
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-30-2015 03:14 PM