Disable tiles transition animation?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Microsoft please.. every time I hit the home button the tiles animation comes up. even though it takes but a second or so, it gets redundant and it makes the phone seem slower than it is.

Is there anyway to disable this transition animation completely?
Other than wasting my time and the CPU and battery life, I just can't find a better purpose to this thing.

I'd rather just have it pop up with the home screen or at least speed up the animation. There MUST be an option to disable those animations in all the interface. With EVERY Home or Back button click there is a wasted 1 to 1.5 seconds waiting for tiles transition this is totally frustrating.

Kindly advise!
thanks

dysje

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
The transition is made to "cover up" any slowdowns that on say.. Android and iOS would be a stuttering experience.

If you would be able to disable such a thing, it will stutter instead of have a nice animation. Stutters are more annoying for most people. You'll see that the animation is faster on a Lumia 930 vs an 830 for example. And the animations have become a little shorter over time.

Most animations are actually less than half a second or even closer to .25 seconds. Unless you run a low-end device (Lumia 530/535/435/and so on).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium