Can't Download Or Update anything from the Store..

Wp_Shashwat

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I Can't Download Or Update anything from the Store.. When I try to update, it just stays on pending.. Been about 2 days now! Any solutions?

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yes, it's fairly easy. Cancel all the downloads, shut down your device and boot it again. Now look up the apps again and start downloading them again. It should work just fine.

alex athanasopoulos

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Could you give us more information.

-are you on developer preview
-your phone model
-region

In general I have faced this pending problem quite a few times, but it is fixed by itself. Or sometimes I uninstall and reinstall the app

VinTheButcher

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I have been having the same PENDING DOWNLOAD for a couple days with a new game I got Snowboarding Party. It says to download over WiFi, I have tried using my WiFi and work WiFi, still shows pending. Have plenty of free space, tried stopping all background apps from connecting, turned off auto update date and time, force synced my account, restarted phone, still pending.

Other apps have downloaded when I canceled the Snowboarding game download. I tried larger game downloads and they install. The Snowboarding game did install 15% at one point but then it went back to pending.

HTC ONE M8
Preview for Developers

alex athanasopoulos

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I may say something wrong but the pending problem appeared to me from the time I am on developer preview. Maybe some of the apps aren't yet supported for wp8.1 ( I was facing the same problem with oovoo, after I got the official update it was fixed).

Please check if all your apps have the pending problem or some particular.

-If there are only a few maybe it would be wise to contact the developers.
- Also cancel their update/download and check if your other apps can be installed.
-try to delete the problematic apps and reinstall them.

Maybe another turnaround is to download the xap file of the app from the http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store. How to do it:
*Plug you phone to the pc
*transfer the xap file to downloads I think (not sure)
*go to your phone store press the 3 dots and a new option will appear, something like install local apps. (I used this method to install mytube after I last update) Ps the app you want to install Must first be deleted from your phone and then try this.

If the problem is in general maybe I would be wise to hard reset your app(before you do this also search in the web of any solution)

I hope some of the above ways help you (before you reach to a hard reset, possibly the xap way can fix the problem). Unfortunately I don't think I know any other way. Good luck 🍀 😊

Torcher Death

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Had this problem a while back.... as it turns out it seems to happen if you have blocked cookies on IE. Change the setting to allow all, reboot & try updating.
Worked for me... try it & let me know.

VinTheButcher

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Ok literally worked after I got done posting my reply last night.

I canceled the download, made sure I was connected to WiFi (app requirement) and turned off the phone for 5 minutes. I turned on the phone, went directly to store and downloaded the game. Game downloaded with no issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre