If I have the preview for developers update on my phone what happens when the official one comes out?

Giannis Genesis

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
about preview for developers update and the official one

hello guys

i want to ask if i have on my phone the preview for developers denim update what happends if the real denim update will be released? it can be replace my preview for developers update by installing it ?

Mohamed Ashid

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: about preview for developers update and the official one

Let me clear your doubts:

First of all, you don't get Denim( that is firmware updates) via the Preview. What you get is WP 8.1 Update 1 Without firmware update.
Secondly, you are right, official updates will replace preview builds on your phone, when it arrives.

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site

hello guys

i want to ask if i have on my phone the preview for developers denim update what happends if the real denim update will be released? it can be replace my preview for developers update by installing it ?

Which phone do u use? For most x20 phones its identical to preview since they don't carry any new firmware and in which case u can get denim through pfd.
Even extras+info will start showing as Denim once u unenroll from preview after getting the update.

maclancer

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site

It is going to be like when Cyan arrived. Everyone in the Developer Preview have to flash their phone with the Lumia Tool. It is not going to be any different this time.

Giannis Genesis

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site

Which phone do u use? For most x20 phones its identical to preview since they don't carry any new firmware and in which case u can get denim through pfd.
Even extras+info will start showing as Denim once u unenroll from preview after getting the update.

i have lumia 630

thanks for the replys guys

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site

It is going to be like when Cyan arrived. Everyone in the Developer Preview have to flash their phone with the Lumia Tool. It is not going to be any different this time.

Not true at all - Not everyone in the DP had to flash with the Lumia Software Recovery Tool. There was a bug in the beginning of the rollout that made that a necessity for some, but it was fixed long ago.

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site

Nope, I was on DP and got cyan without any complications via ota besides Denim is identical to dp for most and thus don't need to wait for official ota.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb