Not able to update or download certain apps (myTube and Phototag)

raker

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Last week it was myTube! And today is the case with Phototag.
Still not able to download myTube! The store is giving the same error as usual.
Phototag was updated today as well. Now the store is again giving same error.
I notice this error with only those apps which were made available for free for 1 day. Both myTube! And Phototag are one of them.

See the screenshots:

http://1drv.ms/1zsRqN5

alex athanasopoulos

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I got MyTube when it was on a free promotion. I uninstalled it from my phone yesterday, hoping that would allow me to update it. But it doesn't. Online, it says I need to buy it, whereas on the store on the phone it says owned.

I had the exactly same problem/situation. How it got fixed:
-uninstall mytube
-connect the phone to pc
-go to the windows store site and download the xap file
-move the xap to the phone, and then go to store, press the 3 dots and select local apps. There you install it.

P.s the app will be the trial

ByeVanno

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I had the exactly same problem/situation. How it got fixed:
-uninstall mytube
-connect the phone to pc
-go to the windows store site and download the xap file
-move the xap to the phone, and then go to store, press the 3 dots and select local apps. There you install it.

P.s the app will be the trial
How do you get the xap file off the store?

Br1t

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
I was in the same boat. It is what it is and now I'm happily using TubeCast instead. I am a former user permanently of MyTube, thankfully it allowed me to find and use a better app.

ddartman7

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm seeing a disturbing trend with MyAppFree - An app such as Phototag is offered "Free" which is great.... right up until the dev pushes an update at which time the app won't update because it was "not purchased" (the dreaded c101a7d1 error). Exact same thing happened with MyTube a week ago. Okay, so It's hard to b1tch about something that is "free" but I have no problem b1tch1ng about something that is in effect "bait and switch" which this clearly is. Note to DEVS... if you're going to offer your app through MyAppFree... have the integrity for it to be truly FREE, not just a trial under the auspices of "free".

I for one will NEVER pay for an app that uses these tactics. NEVER EVER!!!!

raker

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm seeing a disturbing trend with MyAppFree - An app such as Phototag is offered "Free" which is great.... right up until the dev pushes an update at which time the app won't update because it was "not purchased" (the dreaded c101a7d1 error). Exact same thing happened with MyTube a week ago. Okay, so It's hard to b1tch about something that is "free" but I have no problem b1tch1ng about something that is in effect "bait and switch" which this clearly is. Note to DEVS... if you're going to offer your app through MyAppFree... have the integrity for it to be truly FREE, not just a trial under the auspices of "free".

I for one will NEVER pay for an app that uses these tactics. NEVER EVER!!!!

Exactly!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills