How do I get rid of a tak tak tak sound that I have on my Lumia 1520 when recording with video?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Lumia 1520 strange audio recording issues

Hello everybody,
I have a really annoying problem with my new rm-937 Lumia 1520, when I start recording video WITH lumia camera, I get a continuous tak tak tak tak while playing it, wich alters any video I take. However, with Microsoft camera app, there is NO problem at all, but the audio quality is less impressive.
Doing some tests, I found that tapping on the microphone just above the rear camera causes the strange sound effect to stop for 2 seconds, then it gets back.
Done soft reset, hard reset, updated OS from 8.0 to 8.1, updated firmware from Cyan to denim, the SAME problem persists !
I hope that the microphones on 1520 are removable, because I think it's a hardware problem.
Thank you for help !!!!!

stoneman1520

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for your reply.
I tried all the 3 options in filters 100, 200, or no filters, but no luck.
Also I updated to lumia camera 5, and the problem is still there.
Do you have any idea if the 4 microphones in the 1520 can be removed without the need of replacing the hole motherboard ???

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I do not... You could search for "Lumia 1520 teardown" and look at some sites and videos to determine what type of surgery would be required.

I assume there is no warranty or you would try that first?

stoneman1520

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
Yes I tried everything but no luck :( I wish there is someone who might have an idea about those microphones, if they are soldered then the possible thing is replacing the board, which it is not an option for me...

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Yes I tried everything but no luck :( I wish there is someone who might have an idea about those microphones, if they are soldered then the possible thing is replacing the board, which it is not an option for me...

There must be disassembly video's on YouTube . So you may see if they are soldered or not. Also Bing for "replacement" parts may help to determine if it's soldering or "click" in place.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99