Nokia conference beta updated.

Tejas Javery

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
"Nokia conference beta" just got update after ages, and the name has changed to "join conference beta."
Changes... Well, haven't checked it out yet. ;)

Has anyone checked out the difference? I dont even remember what was there in nokia conference beta. XD

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Most likely it is just a name change. Microsoft is contractually obligated to phase out use of the Nokia brand from everything they bought with the Lumia phone division, both hardware and software.

blackdaemon

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
The Cortana integration does not work for me though. Neither "join meeting" nor "join conference" (as store description suggests) works for me. Instead I get "When should I schedule the meeting?" or "When is your event?"

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
The Cortana integration does not work for me though. Neither "join meeting" nor "join conference" (as store description suggests) works for me. Instead I get "When should I schedule the meeting?" or "When is your event?"
That means you have no meetings scheduled. So it makes sense for Cortana to ask those. Cant join something that's not there.

blackdaemon

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
Maybe they're not set properly?

What you mean with "set properly"? They are visible in Conference Beta and I can join them normally from within the application (by tapping the call icon).
Just Cortana does not know anything about Join Conference Beta. If I ask "What can I say?", the Join Conference Beta is not even listed in the applications which provide voice commands.

Are you able to see it in your list?

blackdaemon

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
OK I made this working finally by combination of reinstalling, disabling/enabling cortana and restart.

Funny thing is, this is just a gimmick right now. It is not any time saver as you have to:

- Say "Hey Cortana" (if you have it)
- Say "Join Conference"
- Unlock the phone
- Wait for Cortana to say the meeting name
- Click on "Call"

So it is hardly a "hands free" operation and it actually takes longer than just unlocking and clicking on icon/meeting/call.
As a bonus, when joining a conference using Cortana, I am abruptly disconnected from the call after some minutes... that is not happening when opening the call manually.

I wish we would be actually able to fill a bug report to MS.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs