"Nokia conference beta" just got update after ages, and the name has changed to "join conference beta."
    Changes... Well, haven't checked it out yet. ;)

Has anyone checked out the difference? I dont even remember what was there in nokia conference beta. XD
    02-02-2015 09:11 AM
    Most likely it is just a name change. Microsoft is contractually obligated to phase out use of the Nokia brand from everything they bought with the Lumia phone division, both hardware and software.
    02-02-2015 05:15 PM
    Added Cortana integration. "Cortana join meeting". Automatically figures out what meeting.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    02-02-2015 05:23 PM
    The Cortana integration does not work for me though. Neither "join meeting" nor "join conference" (as store description suggests) works for me. Instead I get "When should I schedule the meeting?" or "When is your event?"
    02-03-2015 07:19 AM
    The Cortana integration does not work for me though. Neither "join meeting" nor "join conference" (as store description suggests) works for me. Instead I get "When should I schedule the meeting?" or "When is your event?"
    That means you have no meetings scheduled. So it makes sense for Cortana to ask those. Cant join something that's not there.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    02-03-2015 01:02 PM
    That means you have no meetings scheduled. So it makes sense for Cortana to ask those. Cant join something that's not there.
    I have meetings scheduled, quite a many, actually. And I tried before and during the meeting.
    02-04-2015 05:07 AM
    Maybe they're not set properly?
    02-04-2015 07:04 AM
    Maybe they're not set properly?
    What you mean with "set properly"? They are visible in Conference Beta and I can join them normally from within the application (by tapping the call icon).
    Just Cortana does not know anything about Join Conference Beta. If I ask "What can I say?", the Join Conference Beta is not even listed in the applications which provide voice commands.

Are you able to see it in your list?
    02-04-2015 07:32 AM
    I can see "join Conference" in the app command list. Only after I entered the app.
    02-04-2015 10:24 AM
    OK I made this working finally by combination of reinstalling, disabling/enabling cortana and restart.

Funny thing is, this is just a gimmick right now. It is not any time saver as you have to:

- Say "Hey Cortana" (if you have it)
    - Say "Join Conference"
    - Unlock the phone
    - Wait for Cortana to say the meeting name
    - Click on "Call"

So it is hardly a "hands free" operation and it actually takes longer than just unlocking and clicking on icon/meeting/call.
    As a bonus, when joining a conference using Cortana, I am abruptly disconnected from the call after some minutes... that is not happening when opening the call manually.

I wish we would be actually able to fill a bug report to MS.
    02-09-2015 08:12 AM