I've downloaded the new tones of Lumia 435 (including MS ringtone + Lumia 2015), the problem is that whenever I add them to ringtones file, my phone doesn't recognize them, I can only add them using RINGTONE MAKER, which isn't functional -unfortunately -
    Than you...
    02-03-2015 07:52 AM
    Change the genre to RINGTONE and that should help the situation. At least it did for me.
    Harrie-S, Ed Boland and aximtreo like this.
    02-03-2015 08:06 AM
    What do you mean "Ringtone Maker isn't functional"? It's working fine for me..

Otherwise, to get the phone to recognize ringtones, you must copy/move them to the ringtone folder on your phone from the PC. (Just downloading and saving them alone on the phone doesn't work for some reason) I just drag and drop them from my computer to the ringtone folder on my 1520. Alternatively, you could use the Windows Phone App on the PC to "sync" the ringtones, which I've never used myself, so can't help you there.. But the drag and drop method does work.
    02-03-2015 08:42 AM
    What do you mean "Ringtone Maker isn't functional"? It's working fine for me..

Otherwise, to get the phone to recognize ringtones, you must copy/move them to the ringtone folder on your phone from the PC. (Just downloading and saving them alone on the phone doesn't work for some reason) I just drag and drop them from my computer to the ringtone folder on my 1520. Alternatively, you could use the Windows Phone App on the PC to "sync" the ringtones, which I've never used myself, so can't help you there.. But the drag and drop method does work.
    Drag and drop didn't work for me :(
    02-03-2015 08:53 AM
    Did you change the genre?
    02-03-2015 08:53 AM
    To circumvent the need for the PC, you can download a free program called Zedge and download ringtones in the right format that your phone should recognize. Give it a try; it's on the store.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-03-2015 08:54 AM
    To circumvent the need for the PC, you can download a free program called Zedge and download ringtones in the right format that your phone should recognize. Give it a try; it's on the store.
    True, the Zedge app works, but probably doesn't have the new Nokia ringtones that he's trying to use.
    02-03-2015 10:31 AM
    You dragged and dropped from your PC to your ringtone folder on your phone, and still no workey?
    02-03-2015 10:32 AM
    Funny thing is, I got those same new ringtones yesterday myself. They're the Chinese themed ones for the new Nokia 4xx (whatever number they're calling it). I downloaded them on my PC, then with my phone connected to the PC with the USB cable, I just dragged them to the ringtones folder on my 1520 in Windows Explorer (File Explorer) worked like a charm!
    02-03-2015 10:46 AM
    Funny thing is, I got those same new ringtones yesterday myself. They're the Chinese themed ones for the new Nokia 4xx (whatever number they're calling it). I downloaded them on my PC, then with my phone connected to the PC with the USB cable, I just dragged them to the ringtones folder on my 1520 in Windows Explorer (File Explorer) worked like a charm!
    MP3 format?
    02-03-2015 12:33 PM
    Thank you all, I've successfully added all tones using WP app on my VAIO.
    :-)
    02-03-2015 02:44 PM
    MP3 format?
    Yup.. Anyway, looks like you got them working now with the WP app. Good to hear!
    02-03-2015 04:13 PM