Best Browser?

rcorso

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
I've been using the stock browser on my 830. I'm looking for something different. How are Surfy, UC and Maxthon? Or any other recommendations.. Thanks

furkanavshar

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
Maxthon is better than others, IMO. It has Night Mode, incognito mode, Reader Mode, built in RSS reader, data sync between PC/tablet version, pin sites to start screen etc.
Also Maxthon is the only one WP web browser thay you can play/listen music/video in other tab, when you're browsing another tab at the same time.
It is the only one WP web browser that blocks lock-screen timeout when you watch a video or listen to a music.
It is the only WP web browser that shows photos in facebook/twitter etc. web sites correctly.

I advice you to use Maxthon for PC, too. PC version is seamless and perfect! ;)

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Same experience, different wrapping.

I'd try Opera if you want to mix things up.

Maxthon was meh the last time I tried it. I hear good things about UC,.

Opera Beta has been (temporarily?) pulled from the App Store. They say they will be back and better...

BTW, I recently tried Opera 27 on desktop. They crippled the ability to select Bing as the default search. I tried a workaround, but it broke it even more so Google was the only choice... Needless to say I uninstalled it.

I had the Opera Beta for WP, but never cared much for it as I could not get Desktop mode. I don't know what they were doing with the thing. It sure was no Opera Mini which I remember fondly from feature phones and Android.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Maxthon is better than others, IMO. It has Night Mode, incognito mode, Reader Mode, built in RSS reader, data sync between PC/tablet version, pin sites to start screen etc.
Also Maxthon is the only one WP web browser thay you can play/listen music/video in other tab, when you're browsing another tab at the same time.
It is the only one WP web browser that blocks lock-screen timeout when you watch a video or listen to a music.
It is the only WP web browser that shows photos in facebook/twitter etc. web sites correctly.

I advice you to use Maxthon for PC, too. PC version is seamless and perfect! ;)

I'll be flat out honest... I don't care how many people rave about Maxthon and how good they say it is. Its Chinese roots scare me. I don't trust it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss