Is Windows OS remote mouse apps as easy as my research would lead me to believe ?

Mo Man

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
is windows os remote mouse apps as easy as my research would lead me to believe ?

just aquired my first smartphone 4 weeks ago . WOW, from text only to all that cyber has to offer .
trying to install remote mouse . read that the pairing of windows os to win 7 is seamless . install apps on cell , find wifi laptop , connect . poof .
does anyone use remote mouse .

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: is windows os remote mouse apps as easy as my research would lead me to believe ?

just aquired my first smartphone 4 weeks ago . WOW, from text only to all that cyber has to offer .
trying to install remote mouse . read that the pairing of windows os to win 7 is seamless . install apps on cell , find wifi laptop , connect . poof .
does anyone use remote mouse .

I'm going to go ahead and recommend Remote Desktop for what I think you're trying to do. It's easy to set up on your Windows Phone, just download the Remote Desktop app from the store on your phone, launch it, hit the + button to add a computer, then for the name, enter the name of your PC (if that doesn't work, use the local IPv4 address) and then your PC's sign in credentials, and bam! You now have control of your PC... Mouse and all!

btw, make sure your phone is connected to your WiFi network. Otherwise to do it over the Internet, you'll have to edit your router's settings and enable port forwarding.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: is windows os remote mouse apps as easy as my research would lead me to believe ?

Oh and welcome to Windows Central and the wonderful world of Windows Phone! (Or the world of smartphones for that matter! lol)

You've definitely found the right place to have all your questions answered...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karyrney