how to start my nokia lumia that got locked and asks for 176883 minsto unlock??

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
W

WPCentral Question

my lumia 720 somehow got locked in somekind of way and when i restarted it,it says wait 176883 mins and i only have an emergency call option on the screen...what should i do???pls gimme a reply fast

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
There is another way (but, you'll LOSE all your data) ...

Search 'Lumia 720 Service Manual' - the last few pages will detail a side key combo to HARD RESET your device.

Good Luck.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Either / Or ...

I'm currently restoring from a HARD RESET in preparation for ...

NO, not Windows 10, but Lumia Denim, which ' ... should be available, shortly ... ' per AT&T
- $1,000,000 question is 'define shortly?'

SZOne

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
No need to Hard Reset.
Use find my phone in windowsphone.com.
Then lock and unlock your phone using find my phone.

You'll see that your phone's pass gets removed

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
No need to Hard Reset.
Use find my phone in windowsphone.com.
Then lock and unlock your phone using find my phone.

You'll see that your phone's pass gets removed

Sounds like a very cool trick... Can you verify it works? Personally used it?

I have a 520 toy I might try that with, but I'll wait until Denim shows up as I'll be getting a clean install there anyhow and won't risk anything.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
The user must know the password. But the phone doesn't allow password entry. So entering the password on the website can unlock the phone.

I really hope this ^^^^ works, but, I'm kinda skeptical ... there's NO place on the Find My Phone interface / website to enter (or change) the phone lock password (that I can see)!

Additionally, there is NO means to set a password (if the phone is already locked) on the Find My Phone Interface / website. Thus the old password is NOT removed ... unless I missed a really big one.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I really hope this ^^^^ works, but, I'm kinda skeptical ... there's NO place on the Find My Phone interface / website to enter (or change) the phone lock password (that I can see)!

Additionally, there is NO means to set a password (if the phone is already locked) on the Find My Phone Interface / website. Thus the old password is NOT removed ... unless I missed a really big one.

I think it helps users who have someone else try to unlock their phone and jam it up... In that case the user should still know their PIN.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99