Will the camera release using Audio Connector / Earphone on Lumia 1520, or other Lumias, possible or not?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

camera release using Audio Connector / Earphone on Lumia 1520, or other Lumias, possible or not?

For impromtu pics could I swap a self-timer function on my Lumia 1520 for camera release using Audio Connector / Earphone ? And have a hardwired release with a monopod!

I do already use a WS-2 Treasure Tag for remote release but the need for speed is greater!

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: camera release using Audio Connector / Earphone on Lumia 1520, or other Lumias, possible or not?

You could pair another Lumia phone with your 1520 and try the Remote Viewfinder App as a viewer to confirm the shot and snap the pic.

Speed seems decent, but I've not used a treasure tag for comparison.

Lumia 520 is plentiful and inexpensive. Use it for RV and many other functions. See the Project: Five2Oh thread linked in my signature.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: camera release using Audio Connector / Earphone on Lumia 1520, or other Lumias, possible or not?

P.S.: It has been discussed before that there is no API to allow reassign of shutter to a hardware button on the headphone jack.... Remote viewfinder will give you more distance as well. You could go full tripod. The monopod is nice for steadying shots for HDR or lightweight packing, but it will never fully replace a tripod. I have a mini pod that goes to about 12" height and a short bendy leg one that can wrap around things to grip. Also easy to pack.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos