hii..please suggest me a good antivirus for windows 8.1 (protection wise,performance and overall)...i'm currently using Windows Defender..
    02-06-2015 05:53 AM
    hii..please suggest me a good antivirus for windows 8.1 (protection wise,performance and overall)...i'm currently using Windows Defender..
    The best antivirus is your behavior on your computer. So don't click on everything don't go to suspected websites don't stick every USB in your computer etc.
    And for the rest see this.
    http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2372364,00.asp
    hii..please suggest me a good antivirus for windows 8.1
    Free or paid? ;)
    02-06-2015 05:55 AM
    Kaspersky
    02-06-2015 05:57 AM
    The best antivirus is your behavior on your computer. So don't click on everything don't go to suspected websites don't stick every USB in your computer etc.
    And for the rest see this.
    http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2372364,00.asp
    02-06-2015 06:04 AM
    Microsoft Security Essentials.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    02-06-2015 06:19 AM
    I recommend you also search for other threads just like yours.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    02-06-2015 06:34 AM
    Either Emsisoft Internet Security, Kaspersky Internet Security or BitDefender Internet Security (paid versions) or BitDefender (free version).

MSE is about as useful as a wet paper bag. As is McAfee.

My personal preference is Emsisoft as it uses the BitDefender engine.

http://www.av-comparatives.org/wp-co...t_2014b_en.pdf
    D M C likes this.
    02-06-2015 06:35 AM
    I read a recent article on windows central about antivirus many people claimed that it slow down your pc etc etc
    02-06-2015 09:42 PM
    Kaspersky takes too much ram and resources
    02-06-2015 09:42 PM
    Its upto everyone personal usage I had used Norton and avg both of them work great to their expectation but Norton is very resources hungry.
    If you want least resources usage antivirus use Avast with malwarebytes
    02-06-2015 10:03 PM
    I used avast many times whenever i installed it my pc goes slowly.. Takes too many time during boot and shutdown
    02-06-2015 10:16 PM
    Guys i also wanna know,is windows defender is enough?is windows defender provieds full protection?
    02-06-2015 10:18 PM
    Guys i also wanna know,is windows defender is enough?is windows defender provieds full protection?
    its "good enough" for basic usage
    wincenfan likes this.
    02-06-2015 10:34 PM
    Microsoft Security Essentials.
    That's the worst possible antivirus.
    This antivirus won't deduct most of threats.

Better to go with Bitdefender.

And if you want free then Qihoo 360.
    02-06-2015 11:17 PM
    also check this article for 2015 antivirus for all windows version..
    http://www.techming.com/top-5-best-antivirus-for-2015/
    05-15-2015 05:07 AM
    That's the worst possible antivirus.
    This antivirus won't deduct most of threats.

Better to go with Bitdefender.

And if you want free then Qihoo 360.
    Actually that's not true. While it doesn't ever catch as many viruses as others in tests, Microsoft have always stated it focuses on the viruses actually in the wild. I.e. ones you're likely to experience.

Antivirus is a personal choice. I've never seen issues running only Windows Defender on Windows 8+. But some people do visit a lot more unsavory sites and so likely need more protection, kind of like in the real world.
    RumoredNow and Pete like this.
    05-15-2015 05:32 AM
    Actually that's not true. While it doesn't ever catch as many viruses as others in tests, Microsoft have always stated it focuses on the viruses actually in the wild. I.e. ones you're likely to experience.

Antivirus is a personal choice. I've never seen issues running only Windows Defender on Windows 8+. But some people do visit a lot more unsavory sites and so likely need more protection, kind of like in the real world.

I get virus mostly from External hard disk and flash drive.
    And Windows defender not able to defend my pc and laptop from those viruses.

If you are light user who do little bit browsing and other Stuffs then you are ok with it.(maybe)
    Otherwise I'll always suggests to go with good antivirus.
    05-15-2015 05:45 AM
    Windows Defender has really come up in the independent rankings since inception. I have recently ditched Avira and now just run Defender. It's been about 6 months and I've not had any issues.

As others have said, a lot depends on the risk level of your behaviors. Also personal preferences play a big role. I've never found any of the paid services to be worth the money when there are many fine freeware choices out there.
    xandros9 likes this.
    05-15-2015 10:19 AM
    I was same. I thought Defender is enough to protect my PC.
    however
    I got virus two times and Windows defender won't able to deduct it even with scan.(last time if it was a Thor icon which is duplicating itself in every drive and every folder)
    Then I installed Bitdender free version which finally able to delete that.

I am not talking about paid vs free. But Defender is the worst possible anti-virus out there which won't deduct most of virus. It failed me 2 times.

I think there are lot of good free anti-virus are there which don't effect system performance and not take much space in hard disk..
    a little bit of extra security won't hurt it or is it?

Most of users forgetting this but Defender isn't enough
    http://www.windowscentral.com/do-you...indows-pc-2015

I think most of users here forget this but this is very educating article. Please read it again.
    Last edited by D M C; 05-16-2015 at 12:12 PM.
    05-16-2015 12:01 PM
    I get virus mostly from External hard disk and flash drive.
    And Windows defender not able to defend my pc and laptop from those viruses.

If you are light user who do little bit browsing and other Stuffs then you are ok with it.(maybe)
    Otherwise I'll always suggests to go with good antivirus.
    It does protect from USB and external drives. And as I've said, is a good antivirus covering most peoples needs.
    05-17-2015 06:22 AM
    It does protect from USB and external drives. And as I've said, is a good antivirus covering most peoples needs.
    I said before, Windows defender failed 2 times. It didn't deduct the virus.

" Microsoft themselves admit they offer little more than strong baseline protection (i.e. better than nothing)."

Then why you users are showing this much trust on the anti-virus which even it's maker doesn't shows.

Even experts and reviewers said, don't trust your PC on Defenders.
    Source : Microsoft Security Essentials / Windows Defender (2015) review | PC Pro
    Last edited by D M C; 05-19-2015 at 04:54 AM.
    05-17-2015 06:45 AM
    Stop, browsing dodgy sites in the first place, use Metro IE which is sandboxed and you'll be fine. Only used Defender since Windows 8 was released and no problems.
    realwarder likes this.
    05-17-2015 07:14 AM
    I switched my pcs over to 360 total security. Light weight, and u can install the bit defender engine. Running it a couple months now and really like it.
    06-11-2015 10:19 PM