How can I turn off visual voicemail on my Lumia 1520?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

straightalk and visual voicemail Lumia 1520

Switched from AT$T to StraighTalk to save a few bucks and StraighTalk doesn't support Visual Voice mail. How can I turn off or disable Visual Voice mail on my Lumia 1520? Thanks!!

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: straightalk and visual voicemail Lumia 1520

If you like VVM you will need to make a change...

Probably there is a VVM App from AT&T you could uninstall.

Then on a PC browser sign up for YouMail. On your phone get the ISeeVM App. Between the two they will get you all configured. It is the best VVM system I've ever used and I am way happy with it. I just moved off T-Mo to ST and the switch to YouMail was pretty easy and well worth it. It is very feature rich, including greeting my callers by name if they appear in my contacts and giving me readable transcripts inside the App.

nrimolde

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Re: straightalk and visual voicemail Lumia 1520

Switched from AT$T to StraighTalk to save a few bucks and StraighTalk doesn't support Visual Voice mail. How can I turn off or disable Visual Voice mail on my Lumia 1520? Thanks!!

I am having a slightly different issue. I am on AT&T and want to disable VVM and just dial in each time I get a voicemail notification. VMM seems too unreliable and doesn't work without a data connection. I want to be able to more easily access my voicemail when I am without data.

If anyone here on the forums knows of a way to turn it off that would be great.
Thanks

DalekSnare

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Did you ever find a solution? I had AT&T disable voicemail altogether, so there's no voicemail to connect to, but the phone asks for the password every time I open the phone app now. It's super annoying. I don't want this phone to have a voice mailbox, so setting up VVM again is not the solution.

Tumultus

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
Did you ever find a solution? I had AT&T disable voicemail altogether, so there's no voicemail to connect to, but the phone asks for the password every time I open the phone app now. It's super annoying. I don't want this phone to have a voice mailbox, so setting up VVM again is not the solution.
Can't you just go to SETTINGS -> APPLICATIONS -> PHONE and turn off Visual Voicemail?
wp_ss_20151005_0001.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb