Is this normal for a "Service/Care Center"?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
My L1020 broke down but luckily (sort-of) it did within the 12-month warranty period. I took it to the official service center for surviving Nokia phones. All went well - they recognized and honored the warranty and will repair (or possibly even replace) my L1020. But then, when I asked the representative when I could receive updates on the status of my phone, they gave me a contact number and asked me to call after a week.

Is it normal (in your country) for service/care centers to ask the customer to call them instead of them contacting you regarding the status of your item-for-repair (either by SMS, e-mail, phone)?

I've acquired a L535 for a temporary phone, so I have my SIM with me and they have my contact details.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
I'm afraid it is becoming the norm. Service as some of us grew up experiencing just does not exist anymore. What I find now is that service has been farmed out to outside companies. These companies do not normally know the product, its use or care much about learning. Get it, fix it and get on with it. That's service today.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Customer service has varied for me.
But typically Dell called me when I was getting my Venue serviced.
Sometimes its the other way around.

I don't think there's a real "norm"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6