How can we make 2g work faster in windows phone?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Its very hard to have 3g in Bhutan in all over the places. My place only have 2g but works very slowly.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
It really is the inherent limitations of a 2G network (especially if you end up using GPRS) that cause a lot of problems, like speed.

I suppose you can attempt to reduce data usage like by using Data Sense, but there's not a lot you can do.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Can I alter the laws of physics through some phone settings.... No, sorry that you can not.

Just one more user stating the obvious. 2G is as fast as it is. The tech is old enough that every 2G radio on every phone is leveraging the most speed it can out of the system.

Are you on Tashicell? It looks like B-Mobile is more serious about delivering speed to customers... Also, the mountainous terrain will play havoc with a tower's effective radius.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
There is an App called Edge/2g internet booster.
2G Net Booster | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
I use it and although it can't really boost the speed much it does make connection more stable and definitely increase signal strength.

You could also try forcing 2G always...

Search this site for a how to - if one exists... Search for "<model name/number> force 2G mode" using the search icon at the top left of this (or any) page. trying and failing to get a 3G connection may also be slowing your system.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans