Does anyone use the Me Tile?

typelt2k

May 9, 2012
Visit site
After the removal of facebook I can not see the usefulness of the Me Tile no context is updated and it just points you to the FB app so does anyone still use the Tike after all the changes and removals?

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
No, it was fairly useless, but the people tile is still highly valuable. If they remove that, then they've ruined what windows phone is. It has facebook, linked in, twitter, mail etc. You can see past convos with a specific person etc. Very handy.

Stefan Holder

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Since Windows phone 8.1 I've reduced my usage of it.. But it's still useful as it still collates my status updates from both Facebook and twitter.
Sent from my Lumia 1320 all the way from Jupiter.

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site
No, it was fairly useless, but the people tile is still highly valuable. If they remove that, then they've ruined what windows phone is. It has facebook, linked in, twitter, mail etc. You can see past convos with a specific person etc. Very handy.

EHmm since when does the people tile show more than random faces?

anon(8648115)

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
It had its advantages when you could go through the hub for social media, but I never enjoyed unlocking my phone and having my face staring back at me... it came off as an odd sense of narcissism.

envio

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I still use the Me tile. In fact, I have a Start Screen folder which contains my Me tile and my wife's and a few other people from my contacts list that I add/remove from time to time. I use it quickly check my status (people post stuff about me or tag me in photos) and I can keep tabs on specific people. I also post status updates using a lightweight and integrated app called MultiShare. So for me, it's just as useful as it was in the 8.0 days.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb