How do I get my phone off of the retail demo mode?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

my mobile in retail demo mode, i want to now about how to convert to normal mode

i cannot use the mobile about this problem

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: my mobile in retail demo mode, i want to now about how to convert to normal mode

i cannot use the mobile about this problem

Retail demo mode phones are not for sale. Bring it back and get a new. Probably you are cheated and bought a stolen phone.Don't know if its still present, bit there was a "mode" you can exit when on demo phones.

But maybe below works.

At least on initial wp8 handsets.

To see
-go to about
-flip phone into landscape (don't remember left/right landscape)
-an option should magically appear towards the bottom to shut off demo mode and turn it into a normal phone.

Please let us know if it worked by register and reply on this post.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: my mobile in retail demo mode, i want to now about how to convert to normal mode

Wouldn't it then be simpler if the question would have been " my mobile in app corner, I want to now about how to convert to normal mode"? :)

If he actually knew about it, yes. But it seems to me that this is his first WP ever.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site

If he actually knew about it, yes. But it seems to me that this is his first WP ever.

So he comes up with the words "Retail demo mode".?
Which is actual an existing mode used for demo phones.

But please inform him then how to get out of the app corner.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

So he comes up with the words "Retail demo mode".?
Which is actual an existing mode used for demo phones.

But please inform him then how to get out of the app corner.

I actually didn't know that WP has a dedicated demo mode. I know that from many Android devices though. That's why I wasn't sure as to how much he knew about WP.

Anyways, here's how to get out of the app corner:

Just tap and hold the power button like you would do when you want to shutdown your device. Now instead of pulling the "curtain" down to the bottom, swipe it to the right.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss