How do I get my virtual keyboard to autofill in certain websites (SP3)?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Autofill with SP3

I have a Surface Pro 3 with Windows 8.1. I also have a fairly long email address that I am really tired of typing in (for whatever website I'm on, etc), especially using the virtual keyboard. My phone (Android- Galaxy S4) does a great job with this, and even autofills my personal info on certain websites. I find myself ditching the expensive SP3 to use my relatively tiny phone screen for filling out online forms/applications so I don't have to type my info over and over again.
Does anyone know a way to make my SP3 virtual keyboard autofill or predictive text like my Android keyboard? Or if not, something like a macro to enter a preset string of text (like my email address) using 2 or less keystrokes or gestures? I primary use my SP3 in the tablet form, without the pen. I'd rather not have to attach the type cover to use a 'hotkey' or something.
Thanks!
Camille (my phone just predicted my name insert quite nicely there, would love to be doing this on my SP3! )

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Autofill with SP3

Completing forms automatically is usually a browser feature and not related to the keyboard. Whenever I enter data I've entered before, my IE (for example) suggest me the recently used entries I made. No matter if on my phone or on my Surface Pro 3.

6029KingStephen

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Re: Autofill with SP3

I use the Roboform app for form filling and password management. In desktop mode it is an IE browser add on, but in the modern UI it is a self contained app with its own browser, though they are working on changing that in an updated version.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea