Denim update uk

tim tebb1

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
Any news on Lumia 635 denim update in uk...got preview for devs...now unmarked...sim free phone...on vodaphone...anybody heard of country varient being released?

volpeastuta

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
hello there!
i'm going to post a screenshot of denim release for your lumia uk variant. if you didn't received denim update yet, and you're on preview for devs, you've to disable the preview for devs app, go and check for updates, and install the firmware update that brings you the latest firmware release for your smartphone.
As far as i can say, following that trick you'll be able to upgrade your phone.

Francesco
denim update uk.jpg

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If it doesn't work out, let us know what infor you have in settings-Extras+info

"Manufacturer Name" and "Mobile Operator" are the key ones.

There's been canses of people buying unlocked phones on Amazon and then not getting updates because their handsets originated in Hong Kong.

tim tebb1

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
That's the full manufacturer name and carrier CV GBIV....CHECK AGAIN RM-974_1080.P.S THANKS FOR YOUR HELP...PLEASE ADVISE IS IT JUST A CASE OF WAITING OR HAVE I BOUGHT AN IMPORT PHONE THAT'S USELESS?

tim tebb1

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
Still no denim...in UK on 635 carrier free....not doing windows 10...at moment....but dieing to.denim update news seems to have died off on here....does that mean it's stopped...or everybody mainly got update now.. ?

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Ok, can you try the following (just to clear out any potential cached data)..

Fire up your Preview for Developers app and tick the "enroll" button and then check for updates.
Restart the phone (long press on the power button and shut down)
Go back into PfD, un-enroll and then check for updates again.

I know you've done this before, but rotating around the loop might clear some cobwebs out. Meanwhile, I've gone behind the curtain and asked again for an update on why you're not being updated.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft has confirmed that there's an issue with deploying this variant of Denim and have rolled back to Cyan pending investigation. Hopefully this will be resolved soon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss