Why is the battery on my Lumia 520 last as much it use to before?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Why the battery on my Lumia 520 don't last as much it use to before.

I noticed that about a month ago my 520 don't last more than 5 hours, i remember that i could use it all day and the battery would be like 50%, now only last around 5-6 hours even if barely use it getting very fast on 30-20% of battery. It is the battery that might be damaged of it is an app i might have consume lot of power?.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why the battery on my Lumia 520 don't last as much it use to before.

It could be the battery since the 520 has been out for awhile. Have you checked the battery app to see which app is using the most? Did you install any new apps?

Elisamuel Figueroa

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site

I check it all the time but it seems like no matters how many apps i turn of from background and so it keep doing it.

I actually forgot to log in before ask the question lol.

umangpop777

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

Happened same thing with my 520. But i accidently put double tap to wake up On. After disable working like before...

But you are right windows 8.1 consums more power as compared to windows 8.

Alec Kong

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
Are there any apps that are running in the background and is killing the battery? Are you over charging your battery? If your phone is charged at 100% you should immediately pull out the USB charger. And this is what most people do. They charge their phones over night.......Over charging your battery/phone will loosen it's life span.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234